Friday, December 31, 2021

Philip B Williams


HuskPhil pic

I am a thing to do. A window

broken by my own head flying

through. I was pushed or I wasn’t.

You should walk away, but you

can’t. You can’t trust me. Don’t.

Love me. Call me sweetheart

like you mean it. Slide the black

leather from the loop. I’m on

my knees because I’ve fallen

like a dead man in a grave

for you. This is my face darkening

where the glass claimed my cheek,

me smashed into it, me taking it

like a pro. This is my hair, unbrushed

and Dear-God all over. I don’t love

myself and I never will, thighs, clapping,

making room inside

another room. Unbuckle

this breath for me, would you?

I have a heart amongst other things

nobody seems to know how to pull

the beat from. Give me your hand.

I’ll fold it into a hammer. In my ribs,

send it forth. Rattle me loose. It’s been

so long. Let whatever moves, move.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Barbara Guest

  Santa Fe Trail I go separately The sweet knees of oxen have pressed a path for me ghosts with ingots have burned their bare hands it is th...