Wednesday, December 1, 2021

Frank Lima


A couple stands close together with the woman's hand on his shoulder and the man is holding a drink.














                                                                                       painting (Alex Katz), 1964

 I have been diagnosed with the gospels of a paper life.

This is the sorrow of poetry in America. It is the smallest state in this
Wealthy country, the heady promise of high school English:
An enormously destructive idea contributing to the uncertainty of a suicide

Bomber who would rather write poetry. There is no light or sound in this
Desert, just an ill equipped hospital of common errors, booze and
Assassinations when conditions don’t improve. Why I come here is
Beyond me...

(“Chiromancy”)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Barbara Guest

  Santa Fe Trail I go separately The sweet knees of oxen have pressed a path for me ghosts with ingots have burned their bare hands it is th...