Monday, January 3, 2022

Edwin Torres



Post Isolation

          —for Ian Curtis

if everyone leaves me tomorrow
if everyone leaves me today           will everyone know me tomorrow
did everyone know me today

this morning my walk in my shadow
last night my surrender my screen             tomorrow my water so hollow
I’m telling you things you don’t need

in isolation / every sensation / gets elevation / in isolation

if gratitude is a contagion
a sign of the catchable rise            a question of human erosion
a quiver inside a demise

to see the eclipsed intervention
what severs the server we see           to enter the size we embody
to follow the follow we feed

in isolation / I found a nation / in hibernation / I found creation

if bodies are made of existence
we’re doing the best that we can                       if language is made of resistance
to offer a hand for a hand

to learn what we can from our body
to honor the teachable plan           to enter the question of body
to answer the best that we can

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Barbara Guest

  Santa Fe Trail I go separately The sweet knees of oxen have pressed a path for me ghosts with ingots have burned their bare hands it is th...