Tuesday, December 21, 2021

Hoa Nguyễn


Hoa Nguyen's picture 

Hawk Chased by Black Birds

You seek     the edge of the bed

and I dream where the sick one

needs a shot on the ass    a tricked shot

maybe have to set up the hypo

on the toilet seat for accidental

sitting-on of the cure

 

and you are late for your presentation

in which you discuss disaster aftermath

 

The mother in the dream shows

her new baby with mismatched

sized eyes

and I pretend not to see

 

the “Ghosts of Christmas Past”    fall asleep

and found your mouth in a kiss

 

You can keep the beer

 

Faint face whiskers

Black beans on toast

 

I said    Fuck it    fold socks

 

The extension cord will not

reach the light wrapped

around the pear tree in white



No comments:

Post a Comment

Barbara Guest

  Santa Fe Trail I go separately The sweet knees of oxen have pressed a path for me ghosts with ingots have burned their bare hands it is th...